Safeguarding & Inclusion
Protection of all children, young people and those who are vulnerable is of paramount importance to us. We have adopted the Diocese of Guildford Safeguarding Policy.
Fiona Griffin is our appointed Parish Safeguarding Officer, whose role is to ensure that everyone who works the Church in any capacity has undergone the necessary checks and training beforehand and, working with the PCC ensures our policy is implemented. Specifically, everyone who works with under 18’s and those who are vulnerable is taken through a recruitment process and is checked for Enhanced DBS clearance. For more information about our policy and the guidelines and training we give our volunteers and workers please contact us.
If you have any concerns at all about the safety of anyone, please contact our Parish Safeguarding Officer, Rector or Churchwarden (see Who’s Who).
Our Safeguarding policy statement
As members of this PCC, we commit our parish to the nurturing, protection and safeguarding of all, especially the young and vulnerable.
- We recognise that our work with children, young people and those who are vulnerable is the responsibility of the whole Church community.
- We are committed to following the Home Office Code of Practice, Safe from Harm, the House of Bishops and Diocesan guidelines.
- We undertake to select all our workers with care, to support them and to train them.
- We are committed to supporting all who we have contact with.
- We review this policy annually.
For more information regarding our Safeguarding and Inclusion policies please contact our Parish Safeguarding Officer.
For training in our Safeguarding policies and procedures please contact our Parish Safeguarding Officer, Rector or Churchwarden.
Website for Guildford Diocesan Safeguarding and Inclusion resources.